Facebook Access Restricted (Bad IP) prompt me!

Post your questions about IP address geolocation here.
Jessa

Facebook Access Restricted (Bad IP) prompt me!

Post by Jessa »

Hi guys, I need your help. This is my first time I encounter such problem when logging to FB. The prompt says "You are trying to access Facebook from an IP address that's associated with a misconfigured Internet Service Provider or abusive behavior. If you think this is an error, please tell us more." Does it mean that my PC was blocked to access FB by IT department since the PC that was blocked is in my office?
Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Facebook Access Restricted (Bad IP) prompt me!

Post by Chrispcritters »

Most likely FB has blocked access from your work's ISP because they are getting lots of fraudulent posts or login attempts. This does not mean that your employer is doing this. It could be another customer. I suggest that you do not attempt to access your FB account from work as you, personally, don't want to be associated with such an issue.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.
Jessa

Re: Facebook Access Restricted (Bad IP) prompt me!

Post by Jessa »

Chrispcritters wrote:Most likely FB has blocked access from your work's ISP because they are getting lots of fraudulent posts or login attempts. This does not mean that your employer is doing this. It could be another customer. I suggest that you do not attempt to access your FB account from work as you, personally, don't want to be associated with such an issue.
Thank you for this response, i appreciate it.