How to Add IP Locater to Website

Post your general questions about IP address here.
JustJJ

How to Add IP Locater to Website

Post by JustJJ » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:37 pm

I feel like an idiot asking this. I have been using the WIMP tool on my website for years. I take it for granted. Whenever a new member joins, I always look up their IP Address. I also use the StopForumSpam tool. But for the life of me I cannot remember how either one is hosted. I have checked the settings and such at my site and also my Notepad where I save important info, and cannot find anything!

The host for my website is going to be making some major changes and I want to have these helpful tools on my site in the future.

Please tell me how to use this product on a hosted website.

Thank you, JJ

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: How to Add IP Locater to Website

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:10 am

Is it that on your website there is a link to both of the sites for the IP address of new member?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

JustJJ

Post by JustJJ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:21 am

Yes, they both show up in all member's profile. I've had this website with the same host for about twelve years. Cannot remember how, when nor where I heard about this program, or how I got it to show up in the profile.

Rarely in all those years have I had a troublemaker show up at my site, but there is one on the loose now and he/she is causing quite a stir in a lot of forum websites, including our host site. So far it has been determined that this person is using a phony email address and the person has been banned from numerous sites. This person is also using other people's names to join at various places. My site has not been affected yet, but the person seems to be getting names from numerous friendly sites to cause trouble, and I am a member at some of those places.

JustJJ

Post by JustJJ » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:24 am

I need to clarify something I said about the link to this site. It is more of an image, and it shows up in the Profile area.