IP 47.186.36.158 is Black Listed

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
jimgoode

IP 47.186.36.158 is Black Listed

Post by jimgoode » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:59 pm

...which may not be the real problem. My IP, 47.186.36.158, is currently listed in dnsbl.spfbl.net

As a Frontier ISP customer I currently have the above dynamic IP address at my private residence. I forced an IP address change and the problem stayed the same. I started researching the problem when some of my email messages were not delivered. They currently are returned from:
@tx.rr.com
@hot.rr.com
@efji.com
@jcpenney.com
@UTSouthwestern.edu

My domain, thegoodeshome.com, is hosted (separate domain registrar and web/mail host) and I have a shared IP address, 45.34.7.20 / dal.if1.us, which is not on any black list. They automatically set up an SPF that points to 45.34.7.18 / dal.private-rack.com which is not on a black list.

I use a Windows 10 desktop client, Thunderbird, and these messages get returned. Even if I use the host provided webmail (with the spf and dkim records) behind the above IP address these messages get returned.

One other piece of information...until recently I was maintaining/running a web/mail server for the gotolearn.org domain in my residence. I know there's a lot of information here. Any advice on how to get to a point where all my messages once again get delivered?

Thanks, Jim

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: IP 47.186.36.158 is Black Listed

Post by Chrispcritters » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:33 am

It's normal for home IP addresses to be listed with SPFBL. It's often basically saying, "there doesn't appear to be a mail server here". And since it's your home IP address, and not your domain's mail server IP address, that's OK -- and won't have any impact on you.

What is the error message that you are seeing when those emails are returned as undeliverable?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

1st2kill

Post by 1st2kill » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:14 am

Ok this is what i dont understand excuse my french wtf do you mean have no impact 9n you? Clearly it has an impact because i cannot use a website! Is that not enough of an impact you poop bagel wtf has no impact

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:47 am

@1st2kill

If you cannot access a website it's not because of the SPFBL blacklist. That's not what it's used for. If you are having a problem accessing a website it's something else.

What is the website, what is the exact error message that you are seeing, and what is your IP address?

If you prefer to not share these publicly feel free to email [email protected].
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.