How can i change the website ip address

Post your questions about changing your IP address here.
EliAlberto

How can i change the website ip address

Post by EliAlberto »

Hey, I want to change the IP address of my website. Can anyone help me out with this? I need some guidance on how to go about changing it. Any assistance would be appreciated!
Last edited by Chrispcritters on Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link
Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: How can i change the website ip address

Post by Chrispcritters »

Why do you need to change the IP of your website?

You would need to have your hosting company change it or change hosting companies.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.
kevincooper25

Re: How can i change the website ip address

Post by kevincooper25 »

EliAlberto wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:17 am Hey, I want to change the IP address of my website. Can anyone help me out with this? I need some guidance on how to go about changing it. Any assistance would be appreciated!
Sure, changing the IP address of your website involves a few steps. Firstly, log in to your domain registrar or web hosting provider's account. Look for DNS settings or a section related to domain management. Locate the option to edit your DNS records or change the A (Address) record. Update the current IP address with the new one provided by your hosting provider. Remember, DNS changes might take some time to propagate worldwide, so expect a delay before the new IP becomes active across the internet. If you need specific instructions based on your hosting provider, feel free to share more details for tailored guidance.