Change IP Address

Post your questions about changing your IP address here.
Haster

Change IP Address

Post by Haster »

Hey I tried to reset my ip address manually on Android, making my ip settings static, but when I saved it then my network stopped working, please tell me how can I change my ip address manually on Android without contacting the internet provider, my ip address has been leaked
Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Change IP Address

Post by Chrispcritters »

Your IP address is assigned to your Android device by your wireless carrier when using cell data service -- you cannot change it manually yourself.

The IP address associated with your phone likely changes multiple times a day. If not, powering off the phone for several hours will likely result in a new IP address being assigned.

If neither of those work for you, you may want to consider using a VPN service. See https://whatismyipaddress.com/vpn-explanation for more details.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.
Adamou752

Re: Change IP Address

Post by Adamou752 »

In addition to what @Chrispcritters said you must know that there is a public IP address that is assigned to your device by your internet service provider (ISP) when you're connected to the internet using WiFi, which you can check with tool such as https://whatismyipaddress.com. This public IP address can also be dynamic, meaning it changes periodically. If you're looking to manage or mask your public IP address on WiFi, similar principles apply as with cellular data: sometimes, simply restarting your home router can prompt it to assign a new IP address from the pool of available addresses it manages. If feasible, connecting to a different WiFi network will also change your public IP address as you'll be using a different router that is connected to a different ISP. As already suggested, using a VPN is an effective way to mask your IP address. A VPN allows you to route your internet traffic through a server in a location of your choice, which can be useful for both privacy and accessing region-restricted content.

Though changing your IP address can help with anonymity and security, but it does not make you completely invisible online.